Merits of Line & Staff Organisation: The merits of Line & Staff Organisation are as under:
- Degree of specialization: A moderate degree exists because the specialized activities are specifically recognized.
- The workload of managers: The workload of managers is moderate because each manager has to handle either basic activities or specialized activities
- Unity of command principle: The unity of command idea is primarily upheld.
Line and staff organization demerit: The following are the drawbacks of line and staff organization:
- Complexity: It is a more complex type of organization than a line organization.
- Expensive: It is expensive to operate and maintain because of the employment of specialists.