- What is Management?
Ans: Management may be defined as” the process of achieving organizational goals by engaging the Five primary functions i.e., planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling”.
- State the features of Management.
Ans: The characteristics of management include:
- It is a universal work process for all types of organizations
- Maintaining continuity
- Management is exhibited through main principles and techniques
- The various concerned parties work together to harmonize in a structured manner.
- Is management called a profession?
Ans: Some features of the profession are generally found in management. But management cannot be called an outright profession. The characteristics of a profession found in management are (1) Acquiring special knowledge (2) Succeeding in special examination (3) Practical application of special knowledge (4) Necessity of ethics and discharging of social responsibility.
As management does not include all the characteristics of a profession, it should not be considered a profession.