Skip to content
Discuss briefly the functions of management.
Following are the significant principles of management –
- Division of work among the workers on a scientific basis,
- The division of responsibilities and authority among the several departments,
- Maintaining discipline at all levels,
- Maintaining the unity of command,
- Maintaining unity in respect of direction,
- Keeping the staff’s compensation system equitable,
- Maintaining a system of centralization for all operations,
- Upholding a chain of command from the highest level to the lowest level,
- Maintaining equity for the employees at all levels,
- Maintaining stability of tenure,
- Proper execution of the plan,
- It is necessary to uphold the unity of command idea.